Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Announced, Because Just Gray Would Be Bland
The big news Nintendo and developer Game Freak had in store for trainers the world over this weekend was not just a single continuation, but two, count ‘em, two sequels presumably carrying on this generation’s Black and White entries, contractually fulfilling Nintendo’s blood oath to achieve a double-sequel, bringing the Poke-prophecy full circle.
Black 2 and White 2, storming Japan’s market as soon as June of this year for the Nintendo DS (the “2DS”, you could hopefully never say), will likely be mirror versions of each other with the exception of different cuddly, collectible pit-fighters to stash on your belt and certain locales to explore. So, in actuality, one sequel, two games. What I call double dipping, Nintendo is sure to call variety.
But, of course, one could also argue if you snag Black 2 and a friend drops coin for White 2, Nintendo is strengthening bonds by allowing players to share Pokemon and train against each other which is a social positive. So we’ll just call a truce and agree that Nintendo’s double dipping.
Ah, I jest (sort of), if Game Freak pulls an X-2 minus the inanity by continuing the universe instead of just rehashing it, then Black 2 and White 2 may both be worth the price for Poke-fanatics. With a Japanese launch in June, Western shores are liable to see the next two Pokemon games later this year; keep your eyes out for a date in the near future.
- headphone-guy reblogged this from theredherb
- algandarsmanor likes this
- sarahciraptor likes this
- thecosmonaut reblogged this from theredherb and added:
- josetacodizzle likes this
- automatic-bazooti likes this
- arthurcharles reblogged this from theredherb and added:
- theyaintreadycanyoufeelit likes this
- spaceoperetta reblogged this from theredherb and added:
- pleaseinsertcreativeblogname likes this
- goondere reblogged this from theredherb
- goondere likes this
- zacharycondom likes this
- theredherb posted this