Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PS3/360 - August 28th)
It only stands to reason that if there are no humans to rebel against in the immediate vicinity, robots will turn on each other. Basic science. Put two blenders in a dark room for an hour, come back, and, goddamn it, one will always try to blend the other. Especially if one of those blenders morphs into a dinosaur.
Fall of Cybertron is an interactive demonstration of Robotic Darwinism as we visit the closing chapter of the Autobot-Decepticon War wherein which the Transformers’ homeworld is destroyed amidst their tragic, toy selling clashes. High Moon Studios, War for Cybertron's creators, are back behind the wheel for this sequel after condescending to Activision's request for a shitty, extremely rushed tie-in to Dark of the Moon. I expect High Moon aims to wipe the tarnish off the license’s name and deliver big this go around.
The developer hopes to address the original game’s ills while setting the tone for a darker tale than fans may expect (I did mention Cybertron getting blown to shit, right?). But, as I’m sure you can all agree, they had me at “dinobots.” The concept of sentient robotic dinosaur-aliens defies reason, yet that doesn’t stop it from being utterly badass.
- nerdyboywest reblogged this from seeker-skye
- seeker-skye reblogged this from theredherb
- liveblogging-depression reblogged this from wiredandrewired and added:
- wiredandrewired reblogged this from theredherb
- r3b3ccacran3 reblogged this from theredherb
- thepixelatednerd reblogged this from theredherb
- thepixelatednerd likes this
- theredherb posted this