The Red Herb Roundup - May 13th Edition
Welcome to our first roundup here at The Herb! The week is long, yet time short, and so much shit happens in the gaming world over the span of seven days, it’s difficult to be wry about everything all at once. Compiled here are the things that may have slipped past your radar and…the hell with it; I was too damn lazy to write about these. Enjoy!
- The original Deus Ex is coming to the PS3…as a PS2 Classic instead of the PC version. I didn’t ask for this.
- Minecraft 360 is profitable within its first hour. Fez developer congratulates Notch by accusing the studio of playing teacher’s pet with Microsoft.
- The rumor mill claims a new Resident Evil 3DS game is happening (starring my beloved Claire). I don’t think the murmurs are legitimate, but in case they are — I told you so.
- Lego Lord of the Rings has been outed by the toy line’s packaging. I’m sure it’s a matter of time before Traveller’s Tales gets around to making Lego Pulp Fiction.
- Bethesda announced Dishonored will being seeing release on October 9th. This was presumably done to fill the gaping, Bioshock shaped hole left in my heart.
- Speaking of dates, Hitman: Absolution targets a November 20th release. Your preorder scores you an original PC shooter, Hitman: Sniper Challenge. Games for buying games? No, no, it’s all wrong. They’re fucking with the greater scheme of things —they better bring back bullshitty character and weapon skins before I swallow my tongue in a fit.
- Hipsters and children rejoice, Adventure Time the video game is coming to the (3)DS.
- Capcom’s former godhand, Keiji Inafune, harnesses the PS Vita in his new game Soul Sacrifice. In future news, the very little money I can call my own will be snatched away by Sony in exchange for their new handheld. Looks like I can cross both owning a Vita and starving to death off my bucket list.